Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Walking in the snow

Yesterday the Chicago area was hit by a big snowstorm although I don't think it quite lived up to the hype the local news stations were giving it.  It was a lot of snow and many school districts did shut down for the day.

I had some books that needed to be returned to the library and I am working on getting into better shape again, so I walked to the library sometime after 9PM. It is a 2.6 mile round trip.



It was still snowing but not at blizzard like levels.  It was also quite windy.

On the way their I walked mostly along the main roads. It was probably not the best choice, but I made it to the library without incident.  Slogging through 8 to 10 inches in snow was a better workout than I was planning on.

On the way back, I stuck to the residential streets which were much quieter.  For the most part it was just me, the snow and the wind.  It was quite bright out with all the snow in the air reflecting the suburban light pollution.  I found myself wishing that I had brought a camera with me.

When I got back to the house, I grabbed the camera and took a few shots around my house.






No comments:

Post a Comment